Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser MAC problems

zoku01 opened this issue on Dec 16, 2002 ยท 12 posts

purplehayes posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 2:54 AM

I remember using Poser 4 on a Performa 6200 (64 Mb ram, 8 Gb Hd, 75 mHz clock speed) as a beginning...it worked on very uncomplicated scenes, figures rendered well WITHOUT transmapped hair and the use of hi-res tex or hi-polygon models was prohibited... I also reduced the size of my textures via Photoshop to circa 900k for posette. And it took forever to render (frustrating my girlfriend who shared the 'puter and needed to use it for quite something else)...so, I sort of quit...I did no smash my cd, though... But...a friend of us, a REAL Mac convert, seeing us twiddle and dabble with old PC clones (that were enventually faster than the Performa), and wanting to keep us on the "good track", gave us a eMac loaded with a fair amount of memory (128 + 256 = 384 Mb)... I did not come back yet to enjoying and exploring Poser (exploring Macromedias MX studio is a long process and I have to define the content of that dang web site...not to mention there is more kinetic swedish chair massages to do for me nowadays), but I'm looking forward happily... Purplehayes