Forum: Bryce

Subject: Good Art, Bad Art and Overthinking

DryFly opened this issue on Dec 16, 2002 ยท 41 posts

lsstrout posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 12:07 PM

A quick word of complaint about the Naked Vicky. I don't object to erotica, heck, I am friends with someone who makes part of their living that way. But I, innocent waif that I am, don't always want to look at naked or semi-naked people. This is part of why I don't tend to look at the galleries. Call me a prude if you like, but I have my reasons. I do my best to choose what I view according to my own personal taste, and certainly everyone here in Bryce is very good about announcing nudity, which I greatly appreciate. What I object to is when I can't get away from it. Here I can choose (mostly) what to look at and if I choose to look, I don't complain. I don't bother with the poser gallery mostly because I would have to look at too many naked people if I ever wanted to give feedback or read some of the topics. I realize this is my own personal thing, but I am trying to make the point that the choice to use nudity also causes people not to look at your work. I don't think all artists consider this when they are making their choices. Lin