Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Pocket Protector required on this one...

_dodger opened this issue on Dec 19, 2002 ยท 18 posts

_dodger posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 3:31 PM

Don't use it on CR2 files. It's not set up to deal with them, although it would tak very little work (in that place it looks for theprop name, change it so instead of if (/^prop (S+)/) { it says, instead, if (/^(prop|actor) (S+)/) { and it should work for figures, too. Though I'm not guarantying it and it's not tested to. The reason for this is that the form of the script as I posted it only looks for prop lines to name props from. This means that if an actor has custom geometry, it will overwrite the last prop .obj name found with the actor's geometry, and munge things up. It wasn't, however, something I was trying to deal with when I wrote it and so I didn't code for it. But that little mod I mentioned in the prior paragraph changes it to look for actor names too. However, that still won't fix it for a multi-figure grouping with custom geometry on all figures, because most body part names will be the same. Anyway, who told you to do that? You want to do something so silly, you hack the script yourself B^) It should work fine in the form posted on a CR2 or PZ3 that doesn't have any custom geometry except props, however, and since pz2 files don't have custom geometry at all, it shoudn't matter with them and should work fine as is just to clean up the texture paths.