Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Oh Fudge!I just installed Poser5???Oh!! very slow???

AristaProductionLab opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 10 posts

AristaProductionLab posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:46 AM

Re:c1rcle. which version of windows you using?{Ooops!! I'm on the ball tonight..Windows XP Home} if you're on XP try switching off all the lovely rounded edges that windows uses & lower the resolution 1280x1024 would be better & turn off the font smoothing it eats up resources big time. {Thaaank You!!} Re:silver. Also - what speed and size is your hard drive, how much free space do you have on it, and what is your swap file size? Has it been defragged lately? I usualy de-frag 2X a week.The Hard drive is 80Gb & it has about almost 20Gb in uncompressed storage.The swap file is an optional selection?? 1.You can set your swap-file size or 2. you can select your minimum & maximum swap-file size{1000-2000} for the Windows operating system to manage. I would also like to include that this operating system is a huge monster!!!It has a massive Python engine&software..not to mention several different other operating features?? example;Borland..I don't even wont to start thinking about all of that tech stuff..not to mention this dino-soar is factory new but no manuals???I was crushed...there is probably 2000pg's of garb to examin... Poser5 is totaly awesome!!! Thank's gang!!!