Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 3 & Poser 5 -- Any problems???

milamber42 opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 21 posts

MaterialForge posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:20 PM

Dual processor support would rock. But - I'd rather have network rendering for P5 right now... :) Ron - I've found that it's faster for me to render a medium-res animation clip (in a small frame, though, about 240x160) than watch a preview in Poser. Strange, I know. I'm on a 2ghz, 512MB ram, you'd think it would preview real-time. I see your point about the hardware accelerated GUI. The trick is to use lower res figures for your actual animation, then replace them at render time with the real thing. This doesn't ALWAYS work, but in most cases will do the job. Also - the graph editor is your friend. It doesn't require seeing realtime previews to tweak the positions, once you are familiar with the settings. It's very powerful. Wolf359 and Saxon can speak tomes about the graph editor. I use V1 lo-res (the free one) when doing an animation scene. When I'm satisfied with the motions, I just replace the figure with V2 and whatever clothing she has (I save the grouped V2/clothing beforehand to eliminate multiple loading). It works for me. Multiple characters - composites and mattes, my friend. :)