Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

lynde posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 12:28 PM

Well, I think it's sad that the vote was taken away from the community but I hoestly can't blame them for wanting to. This is much more serious than the AOM voting, if I remember correctly from last year, the winner gets alot of things like a paid expense trip to Siggraph among other things. That doesn't come cheap and it stands to reason also that every time any of us buy anything at the marketplace we are helping to fund all the goodies that the AOY will get. Personally I can't fault them for not wanting to waste community resources on a person who has dedicated himself to trying to destroy the community. And yes I know, supposedly he was trying to "improve" the community with all his little protests, but more often than not back when this was a big deal it was obvious to most everyone that his main interest was really the attention he was getting from all of it, not the community itself. I'm all for protest as long as the protesters keep the real goal in sight and I don't think you can say that for Legume, maybe at first but definitely not in the end and certainly not now. If it is true that any of our pruchases have anything to do with the funding for the AOY then I would have to say that I wouldn't want that man to have Jack Shit if it mean a penny needed for it had to come out of my pocket. Even so, on a side to note Mosca, didn't you admit to rigging the top 20 some time back with who knows how many fake accounts just to help support your friend here? How are we to even know if the figures in the poll were even acurate?(and no I'm not acusing you, I'm just making everyone else think) Melissa