Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

Chailynne posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:01 PM

"I acutally do agree with you about the poll but from an opposing persective, it's a shame that the vote had to be taken away from the community because so few within it actually recognize real talent and skill and only resond to those who draw the most attention to themselves... Melissa" I'm a bit offended you think I can't recognize real talent just because I voted for Legume. Art isn't all PAINTING talent and skill with pixels you know. No, I don't like all of his stuff, some of it is offensive. But some of it isn't too. Have you even looked at it all? Some artists we recognize now as great artists, weren't thought great artists by their peers at the time they were living either. I think to many people look at his art with prior bias. You see different because you don't want to see anything good when you look at his art. PS: Yes, ToxicAngel is a very good artist. But then again, it doesn't draw forth any emotion in me either. With Legume's art some have disgusted me, some have brought a tear to my eye, some make me go hmmm..., and some make me laugh.