Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

lynde posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:37 PM

okay so, real talent and skill really have nothing to do with it. there is no point in trying to develop my skills as an artist because in the end no one will actually care whether or not the work is any good..what I really need to do is just jump up and down and draw as much attention to myself as possible and then try to churn out 3 barely constructed peices a day and that will be enough for me to be considered an artist. Personally I'd rather take the chance that no one will notice, that my work will be special to me whether anyone else ever even comments on it. I'm not looking for money or attention ulitmately, I just want to do what means the most to me and if a few do like it, well that's fine too...I've never had the personality to be a celebrity...don't like alot of attention, but if somehow being a real artist means you must be a celebrity, I can do without either title...Lecturing me that feeling is important to art is even more insulting than saying I don't know what I'm talking about. And Mosca, if you must only continue to see what you want to see just for the sake of having something to argue about go right ahead, you are only showing your own lack of intuitiveness. I have said before that I agree that the poll shouldn't have been taken away and to imply that I want some sort of dictatorship is just wrong. I value democracy as much as you think you do but I am just pointing out that this is whole scenario is just a good example of how democracy can sometimes backfire, I'm not suggesting it is reason to replace it with anything else so don't even try to put words in my mouth. For one final time, I will say again that I agree with you about the polls but I will never agree from your perspective because in my mind your perspective is just as completely unfair and injust as you think mine is... Melissa