Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

lynde posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:52 PM

what has this got to do with racism? I KNOW you had better not be implying that because there is no way anyone could even remotely dream that this has anything to do with that or that anything I said was a racist remark. Get that chip off your shoulder. I can't remember who said it but somehow now the phrase "I don't agree with a single thing you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" keeps coming back to mind...I'll bet i'm the last person you thought you'd hear that one from, huh? I really don't agree with your perspective at all but you have and should have a right to express it just as I should.. The PTB gave us a poll then took it away when they saw that we(yes we, as a whole community) might make a stupid decision. That is an unfortunate side effect of democracy, sometimes the people do make misguided decisions(any history or political sciences expert will tell you that) but that does not mean that the system as a whole doesn't work or is not fair. I don't agree that it should have been taken away but again, my point is that it is unfortunate that this happened. Melissa