Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

CyberStretch posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:56 PM

"The PTB gave us a poll then took it away when they saw that we(yes we, as a whole community) might make a stupid decision. That is an unfortunate side effect of democracy, sometimes the people do make misguided decisions(any history or political sciences expert will tell you that) but that does not mean that the system as a whole doesn't work or is not fair." In a democracy, the majority makes the decision, not the PTB. Therefore, this is anything but a democracy and more like a dictatorship in which one (or a group of specific) individual(s) makes the decisions - not the majority. If you are claiming that the decision to remove the poll was by some form of democratic action, I would like to see evidence of it. I think you are confusing your terms; hence the necessity to offer a definition and to show you - in as polite a way as possible - that you were mistaken. And, yes, I have read the entire thread. And I do understand your POV, although I am confused by the words you have chosen to use to voice that opinion.