Forum: Community Center

Subject: AOY Voting--Where'd it go?????

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 20, 2002 ยท 116 posts

Mosca posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:28 PM

"The admission you made above, Mosca, that was brought up is the reason why I have no sympathy for Legume or for this in general. It just goes to show that, at least in the past (which causes suspicion in the present) that any means were taken in order to bring Legume the fame that he had gotten, some of which was very unethical as well." Really not at all the same situation--the whole Pink Pony/Hot 20 thing was just a big goof. Legume got nothing out of it but attention, at least half of which was extremely, even irrationally negative. And don't forget--when the clone voting was discovered, the admins removed them, and Legume still dominated the Hot 20 for some time. Remember, too, that nobody made me fess up--I did it because I genuinely felt I'd gotten a bit carried away and it seemed right to come clean. AND, I think it's one thing, frankly, for members to goof on the already pretty goofy Hot 20, and entirely another thing for a commercial entity to set up and then rig a contest in which considerable prizes are offered. So fine, question my motivations all you want--the real issue in this case is R'osity's fear and loathing of Legume, and their willingness to break the rules of their own contest to make sure he doesn't win. He's being discriminated against, plain and simple--the Legume Rule has been invoked. If they can do it to him, they can do it to you, too.