Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A my idea about a MOCAP face software for POSER 3/4/5 (come on programmers !!)

andygraph opened this issue on Dec 23, 2002 ยท 22 posts

JFStan posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 11:32 PM

Although it's beyond my programming capability, I think this is an outstanding and very workable idea. You wouldn't need any expensive equipment, just a simple webcam would do nicely. You could record the dialogue (audio) while capturing the facial expression animation, and then use the recorded audio with mimic to create the lipsynch. This would result in perfectly synchronized facial animation. This two step process would be a huge time saver! Similar programs (that recognize data taken from a live video feed) already exist that, for example, allow you to juggle virtual objects and play virtual instruments. I don't think it would be a huge step to record the locations of reflective dots placed on one's face and translate them into varying degrees of morph dial settings. Andygraph, I'm all for this idea of yours.. I hope you find someone with the programming prowess to pull it off! Best of luck!! -=JFStan=-