Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: AOY - Unofficial Popular Vote

JeffH opened this issue on Dec 23, 2002 ยท 116 posts

bijouchat posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:50 AM

I believe it started way off topic, thanks to the person that first posted the topic. As for the thread, its staying pretty well on topic for the most part. Why is an unoffical poll for all the artists from all kinds of media on this site doing in the Poser gallery anyway? To be fair, this topic should have been posted in all the topic forums so more people could see it. Just goes to prove my long-held assumption that there's a strong Poser bias on this site. Now I like ToxicAngel's work, but that's because the guy can handle a 2d program as well as a 3d one, and everytime I see his hair painting I am in absolute amazement at his painting skills. There are some other 3d artists in the running that stun me with their skill too. It was a hard choice for me to make. The Legume supporters got their say more than enough by slamming ToxicAngel's subject matter, and most probably they have skewed the vote by it. My point is that ToxicAngel is one of the great artists on this site and didn't deserve the pummeling these folks gave him. I guess I'm pretty clueless about the politics in this Poser community (this is probably a good thing) but I'm just stating my oft-ignored opinion. It sucks what they did, and I'm saying so. I still think, (I'm sure its going to be ignored too) that the contest needs an impartial jury to hand over the title without any more tainting of the process. As it stands now, a popular vote and a staff voting is tainted by this controversy, and an impartial panel of respected artists could pull this situation out to a good one for all concerned. It could even end up being that nobody from the Poser community wins.