Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear Tammymc

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 24, 2002 ยท 256 posts

BillyJ posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 11:30 AM

Okay, Sir Legume, so you ask me why it is WRONG, the way you would plan on winning? I actually wasn't implying clone voting because if that was the case I would think the site folks would catch on and stop it immediatly. I also stated that if the way you recieve votes is not illegal, it SHOULD be, but I never said it WAS. If it WAS illegal, then I guess a lot of political folks and such would be in big trouble too. See, I find this place to be an art site, not a political arena. I think that what you, Sir Legume, and this Mr. Mosca are doing is making all this into some kind of political statement, maybe even some kind of popularity POINT, or to set some kind of "example", and at the expense of what and whom? All the other artists and whatever credibilities this place has to lose with this contest and the prizes included, that is what and whom. See, the top twenty stuff, (I have been following this stuff adamantly), is one thing, it can be just so much back patting and glamor voting and yes, a lot of times a cool way of aknowledging your friends, being acknowledged, and also merchant market criterias being in the highlight; as well as some really cool artists that do pop up to really deserve all the ooh aah millenium comments galore. But the top twenty isn't about real prizes and it doesn't represent the entire site when it comes to artistic merit and artistic value and artistic substance that is presented here by the many hundreds, maybe thousands of artists that reside here day after day, sharing, learning, selling and even just being beautiful. As much as I really DO find your artwork incredibly original, stylish and especially contravesial Sir Legume, I honestly believe your many friends vote for you on "personality" and "popularity" and "friendship" and on a "wit" basis and although it is wonderful to have many friends both online and off and to be liked by tons and tons of people, I ask if THIS is the right way to win a contest that is about "ART", not about any "person". If this place was to hold a big contsest on "Forum Man of the Year" I would be VERY unimpressed if you did not win that one hands down Sir Legume, you would deserve this honor without a doubt, but THIS is not about you and what a wonderful person you are and how witty you may be and how loud you can get Mosca or anyone else to scream on your behalf, or how many laughs you can gather up at the expense of whatever lunacy may be happening here that you can mock about this place, it is about...ART. Art that has something to say about this site, represents this place, and not just as a cocky reminder of the absurdeties here or to make an editorial jackass crusade out of Renderosity, but to make this place have a symbol, an expression, a portait so to speak of what this place is "supposed" to be about for ALL the people here, members that come here, work here, share here, sell here, learn here. Your art speaks great things Sir Legume. It is a laugh a minute. You have made me laugh with your art more than anyone here many, many times. But I also know that many times the laughs you portray are subtly and even sometimes blatantly directed at this place and the people here. I question if that is really what all the folks here would want to have represent this place above all the other artists that also put very much "emotion" into their work, only not quite as determined to transmit a message with each rendering about whatever is absurd here, but what may actually bring "hope" and "crediblity" to this place for many, even if it may be a hard task ahead at times. See, it is one thing to make funnies out of a place, I think that is very cool and I enjoy the humor too. It can make folks see how silly they are and maybe even fix the problems; but I don't know if this place wants to really be the most laughed about art site on the net, there is more here than just whatever funny disinclinations an artist with your amazing style can find and point out time and time again Sir Legume. Please do not think I am making fun of you Legume. Fact is I admire your wit and art. But I think that your brand of winning is more about "statement" and a "personality contest" and I don't really think that is what this site had in mind when they ran this contest. I may be entirely wrong here and don't claim to speak for anyone, or this site, I just speak for myself, and what I have seen and continue to "see". My opinion is mine just as Mr. Mosca's is his and so on. I should be allowed to post my opinion whether I am an artist or not and whether I am new or old here. I know what I see and feel and that should account for something. I also wonder if all those folks you have come here to vote for you ever really come back to Renderosity for anything else but that, to vote for you. See, that is another problem I have. All those folks come here to vote, but they don't really know what this place is about, they can't because they only spend enough time here to "vote for you". I wonder if they even look at the art here or much of anything at all? Would all those many, many votes your nourish really, truly be a great representation of all the folks that really do spend quality time here? Happy Boxing Day