Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear Tammymc

Mosca opened this issue on Dec 24, 2002 ยท 256 posts

twillis posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 1:20 PM

"That's the best thing you could do Legume. I have more ethics and higher standards that you'll ever know. For one I would never have even thought of doing what you did." This is circular reasoning. You still haven't explained why you believe asking for votes is unethical. So you can't claim that you are more ethical because you would not have done what Legume did. "And yes you should sit humbly by while the public that cares about and wants to view that candidates make thier own decisions." Why? "Coming from a family with a history in law inforcment I know all about standards and ethics. " Now, that's just silly. There is nothing about coming from a family with a history and law enforcement that proves you know all about standards and ethics. Do you really believe it is ethical to accuse someone of something (stuffing the ballot, being unethical) without evidence or at least clear reasoning to back up your accusations? I sure don't. "I have nothing against promoting yourself or your art. What I'm against is flooding the voting with such a large number that it becomes painfully plain to see." So what are you saying, it's OK to promote himself a little bit? I don't think anything was "painfully plain to see". "Hell you might have won on your artwork alone but we'll never know now. You keep talking about your gallery well why don't you let the images speak for themselves and let the chips fall where they may." Because he has a right to promote himself? Because last year the prize was really worth winning? "Please don't respond any more." I really don't think it isn't very ethical to try to just get your opponent to shut up. You could always just not respond anymore. You are the only person whose actions you should try to control. "This whole issue should die. You know my opinion and I know yours. I doubt we'll either see eye to eye on this." Yes, we know your opinion but we still don't know why you have it. Maybe you don't know why you have it either; perhaps you haven't thought it through. I can't really think of a reason that it would be bad for an artist to promote themselves or their art.