Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Global Illumination Logic

cainbrogan opened this issue on Dec 22, 2002 ยท 68 posts

cainbrogan posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:47 AM

I got bored with my Dice theory and decided to jump ahead for a moment. This model is a takeoff on the 6 sided. I noticed that the 6 sided has light every 90 degrees, if you always travel N,S,E or W. So I decided to cut the angle down to 45. This raised the number of lights in the set from 6 to 25. Has anyone noticed these renders getting particulary more difficult to work with as the light count has increased. I had'nt noticed how each new light set has lost much of metalacity present in the post before. I wonder why this is happening? I noticed because getting this image through photoshop has been a particularly difficult task. I had to try several different light levels, MAT shades, and then go over the Highlight Size option. I'd never done this before. I guess lighting was a really good place to start picking up on Poser's more intricate features... The image above took me about as long to get to, probably, as the two that came before it. You can tell its really far from complete, but I guess this is what its all about. Yeah, I said that! = )