Forum: Community Center

Subject: List of Naughty Words?

ASalina opened this issue on Dec 25, 2002 ยท 51 posts

CyberStretch posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 8:53 AM

PC,

You obviously missed the point. You deleted a message by Mosca with "a certain Anglo-Saxon variation of 'fornication'", yet you allow others to remain; presumably due to the "context" in which the word was used.

I do not think that qualifies you for being the Poster Child for Non-Censorship, but rather see the inconsistency of enforcing your duties as a mod/admin. Sorry, but when you single out a subset of the membership and choose to arbitrarily censor comments/posts made from someone you openly state you have a problem with, it makes you - and by extension R'osity - look bad. Seems like a vendetta against Mosca from my POV.

In case you have not been reading the fora consistently enough, consistency of enforcing the TOS is a primary complaint of the "dissenters". You could avoid a lot of trouble by being as consistent as possible and, thus, remove the flame from many flamethrowers**...are we listening yet mods/admins?**

As a mod/admin, you should know that searching the galleries for a simple, single word is not all that time-consuming; even with the substandard "search engine" R'osity has implemented. Mods/Admins should think about doing it more often to remain consistent in the enforcement of the TOS du jour. In fact, you could even script it, have reports generated, and e-mailed for follow-up; and/or you could flag galleries/posts needing attention. But, I guess equal treatment under the TOS is not the main objective.

Your personal life, IMHO, is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that, in the capacity of a mod/admin - and therefore a R'osity representative - you have shown that you do not hold all members to the same standards. Pretty much what a lot of people have come to expect based upon past and present actions.