Forum: Bryce

Subject: BRYCE WARS: EPISODE ZERO: A NEW POSTER

tjohn opened this issue on Dec 26, 2002 ยท 24 posts

tjohn posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 12:56 PM

airflamesred: Thanks for the comment. I'm assuming that by your spelling of humor that you may yourself be British. Even though I am a native of Tennessee, I believe you can trace a line of influence on my own sense of humor from Mad magazine (heavily influenced by Punch), Monty Python (introduced to me in the early '70's by Public Broadcasting, I usually watched this show while drunk because somehow it seemed to make more sense, and because I also plain enjoyed getting drunk with my buddies), and Saturday Night Live (which was heavily influenced by Monty Python, even had all of the members of the Python troop on the show as hosts in various configurations when they were in the States). So I guess you're right...my humor is basically British, filtered through a little Jack Daniels sippin' whiskey (even though I can't drink anymore- d*mn high blood pressure). Thanks again, Tjohn

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy