Forum: Community Center

Subject: List of Naughty Words?

ASalina opened this issue on Dec 25, 2002 ยท 51 posts

Ironbear posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 1:22 PM

Ah: "use of a word already bludgeoned to irrelevance by overuse"? No probs. We aim to please, you aim too, please. ;] Congrats on your brush on the catch 22 of modhood: the site owners want to claim consistent and impartial across the board application of TOS, but when it comes down to it, it's always a judgement call by someone like you in the trenches. And judgement calls are good, bad, or indifferent, but they're seldom impartial. grin And no matter if it's good, bad or indifferent, someone's going to take a cheap shot or two at you. All you can do is say "fuck it". ;] You either made the best judgement call you could, in which case that's all you need to say... or you made a bad one, in which case you own it and move on or you try and justify it and make it worse, kiddo. As long as the ongoing perception is that there's a dicotomy, as Cyber pointed out, members are going to keep smiling, using the "F" word appropriately, and pointing out where the discrepancies are.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"