Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does it freak anyone else out?

EmpressZario opened this issue on Dec 27, 2002 ยท 60 posts

Wampyir posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:04 AM

Adding my two cents... It doesn't freak me out to see people comment on new variations of the characters because in most of the cases I've seen on here, the comments aren't really about the characters, they're about the artistic achievement. Comments like the one the original poster talks about always come after someone has posted a picture using Poser figures in a different way. When someone says, "I just knew Vicki had a mean streak in her!" or somesuch, what they're really doing is paying the artist a compliment on a successful (realistic) rendering that demonstrates yet another use for these fabulous models. I don't think it's anthropomorphic, it's simple appreciation for someone's hard work. To me the nice thing about such comments is that they cut both ways. For every comment like "Vicki sure looks mad!", you see an equal number of comments like "Better check your morph settings; Vicki's breasts look a little too big for that blouse". The first is a mark of success (which with this program is usually measured as realism), the second is an indication that some improvement could be made. That's not freaky; that's honest and constructive criticism. It's one of the reasons why I like this site.