Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does it freak anyone else out?

EmpressZario opened this issue on Dec 27, 2002 ยท 60 posts

melanie posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:05 AM

I see that several of you have been using Poser for the same reason I started using it: to give me a visualization of my fiction characters. I've developed my characters so vividly through Poser that my writing has actually improved in a great way. I'm able to describe my characters' physical appearance down to the tiniest details now, when before, they were like ghosts in my imagination. My characters are very real to me. If they weren't, I couldn't write about them. Every writer gives their characters life or their stories wouldn't work at all. I have a long series of stories written around the same set of characters which spans over a 30-year time period. The only way I've been able to keep connected to them is to frequently render images of them in Poser. The more I render them, the more "real" they become to me. Friends who have read the stories have commented on how real they seem to them. Poser gets the credit for some of that. It literally brought my "people" to life for me. And I have to say that there are times when I would prefer the company of my characters to some of the people I have to work with at my office. There are a couple of completely useless, overpaid managers there whose CR2's everyone would love to see deleted from the character directory. LOL Melanie