Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does it freak anyone else out?

EmpressZario opened this issue on Dec 27, 2002 ยท 60 posts

dialyn posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:08 AM

If EmpressZario was freaked before, can you imagine what she's thinking about some of us now?? You are right about the invention of personalities. Each of us who are writing on the forum is nearly an anonymous figure. You really don't know who I am but you are making certain assumptions, and forming an opinion based on what I write. But you might be surprised if you actually met me. Or not. Depends on your imagination. When I look at a person, I also create a personality for them. One very nice gentleman I met was so eloquent, courtly in manner, and so stately, that I nearly fell off my bus seat when I found out he was a dedicated surfing dude. I made assumptions on the evidence I had...and I was wrong on almost every point about him. I did, as you said, invented a life for him and he surprised me. Which is not a bad thing. Life would be very dull if all our assumptions about people were 100% correct. But if you write, you find that your imaginatry creations (like my Poser characters) can also surprise you by coming up with a personality trait or thought pattern you hadn't planned out. Not all writers or artists are in complete control of their creations. Which is what makes the artistic effort very interesting indeed. Those unexpected detours are what I enjoy the most. :)