Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does it freak anyone else out?

EmpressZario opened this issue on Dec 27, 2002 ยท 60 posts

bijouchat posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:00 PM

freaked out after two years... lol... there are freaky ways of referring to people that are over 2,000 years old. I have a wonderful book of Inanna stories from ancient Sumeria, a good one from Diane Wolkstein and Sam Kramer, just so happens to be sitting in front of my computer monitor and made me think of this when reading these latest posts. These stories are thousands of years old, and I think about the goddess in the stories as someone real. (not 'real' as in a flesh and blood sense, but real as a character, real as an archetype, and she was real for quite a long time as a goddess in a religion, too.) And people talk about Jesus and God as real even though they don't exist in flesh and blood, and what's so different about that? How can you be freaked out over harmlessness here at R'osity when much more profound examples of the same thing exist in real life, shaping the very society that we live in? Sure is more important in the grand scheme of living than a website, anyway. I think people are just doing what they are built to do, and really why are you freaked out over what is normal? (I could answer my own question, but I won't... I'd rather read the response ;-))