Forum: Community Center

Subject: List of Naughty Words?

ASalina opened this issue on Dec 25, 2002 ยท 51 posts

PunkClown posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 12:17 AM

CyberStretch, I agree with you: personal life should not intervene or affect decision-making while performing one's duties, as a moderator, or whatever you do. But it should also be aknowledged that we are all human.
I would like to explain one more time what I stated in post #41: "I deleted Mosca's comment because it was a violation of the TOS" ~ so please understand that my personal life had nothing to do with that particular decision.
I should have said that from the start, but I was also addressing the points Asalina had rightly brought up for me to consider about the widespread use (and censuring) of different language. My comment on what I do in private company as opposed to the company of strangers in regards to language use was simply an example of how some people (including myself) try to regulate their language use in different company.
Also my statement that I had "a real life" relates to the fact that I would not have time in the day to examine every incidence of language use. I would have to monitor every forum post and image post 24/24 to do this, it is just not (as I have said) humanly possible - and (as I also said), that is assuming I would want to do this. Anthony Appleyard mentioned the problems involved in automation of these sort of functions, but as I don't want to see across the board language censorship anyway, for me the point is moot. My comment in #41 relating to the "I am a person thing" simply was a statement on my concept of identity...how can you be one person in "personal life" and someone or something different on a site such as R'osity? (unless you deliberately try to portray yourself as someone else by creating a clone)
To summarise:

1. I deleted Mosca's comment because it was a violation of the TOS.
  2. I don't want to examine or police every incidence of language use, only those that are destructive in that they violate the TOS, and that includes incidences of this behavior that don't use "naughty" words. As always if anyone notices this happening, they should IM a mod or admin who happens to be logged on at the time.
    Once again, have a very Happy New Year.
    :-)>