Forum: Community Center

Subject: List of Naughty Words?

ASalina opened this issue on Dec 25, 2002 ยท 51 posts

CyberStretch posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:57 AM

"I would have to monitor every forum post and image post 24/24 to do this, it is just not (as I have said) humanly possible - and (as I also said), that is assuming I would want to do this." This could easily be scripted and reports generated or posts flagged. That way, you take the time it takes to look for potential TOS violating posts and place them on the DB and not the person. All you would have to do is view the flagged posts or the report at your leisure. By not coding the system to take action and make the decisions, instead allowing for human (mod/admin) intervention, you avoid Anthony Appleyard's Yahoo! problem. The images could be limited to "new" images uploaded after the initial review process or flagging the images internally showing that they have been checked and any unflagged images need to be reviewed. Then, anyone who has access could review more images and it would not land on one person to do so. These may be modifications R'osity might want to implement if this type of behavior is unaccceptable. It should allow more instances of TOS violations to be found and taken care of, minimizing or eliminating the appearance of censorship and increasing the amount of consistency in enforcing the TOS; in effect, killing three birds with one stone.