Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Suggested Freestuff Zip File Naming Conventions

Lyrra opened this issue on Dec 28, 2002 ยท 25 posts

Spit posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:46 PM

I do not like the idea of everything in the libraries for one figure being in one folder. It's really silly as far as I'm concerned. The way it is now is much more flexible. And I'll take the pain of hunting things down for deletion when/if I ever decide to delete something in its entirety. I LIKE to be able to move CR2's around to a different folder if I reorganize. I don't want to have to move objects and textures as well which absolutely requires you do it outside of Poser. I mean, I can load a CR2 from one folder in Poser, and make some changes and save it to another folder, and go back and delete the original one. All from inside Poser. I don't have to worry about moving the object too. Putting .obj in with the cr2 or .pp2 is totally inflexible. What if I set up Mike with a certain outfit and hair and want to use him as a character in medieval scenes? And set up another Mike as a character I'll be using in more modern scenes..If the Mike .obj has to be in with the cr2 I'm stuck putting ALL my Mike cr2s in one folder! That's ridiculous. Or, even worse, I'd have to duplicate the .obj and put it in all library folders that contain a Mike cr2. See what I mean? The way Poser does it gives you total flexibility to set up your folders...and change them...however you want.