Forum: Community Center

Subject: The People Have Spoken

Mosca opened this issue on Jan 01, 2003 ยท 125 posts

illusions posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:42 PM

Mosca: "Now, apparently, you want me to never, ever say the word "Legume"

Me: No, I want you to separate the issues...I just want you to be honest and stick to your real gripe which seems to be the PTB's are against Legume.

Mosca: "what I've said over and over is this: the way the poll was pulled...gave the appearance, to me, that management had invoked the Legume Rule once again...and withdrew the voting specifically because he...was making a run at first place"

Me: AH...at last we get to the heart of the matter, gee it would have been nice if you said that in the first place and stuck to it.

Mosca: "There's also an injustice done to ToxicAngel, and the other finalists."
Me: Nice of you to mention that but that evidently takes a back seat to your primary gripe.

Mosca: "Management says it was all a big mistake; I'm not convinced by that explanation."

Me: Tammymc said it was a mistake made by her, why would she lie? (Hmmm...reminiscent of the 60's...don't trust the etablishment).

Mosca" "Once again, FOMs (friends of management) are determined to make me the issue, and divert attention away from the message"

Me: Well, if you are referring to me I don't know any of the management let alone consider any of them friends. The only management that I knew and that I would consider a friend, is Ironbear...and he is no longer management here. As far as you being the issue...that's not the case. I have an issue with the way you go off "half-cocked", with the way you twist the facts to suit your needs, and with your "saber rattling". Nothing more, nothing less. As far as "diverting attentions away from the message" you kept changing the message...no need to blame anyone but yourself for that.

Mosca: "...attacking me just serves to keep these threads alive, and gives me an opportunity to ask, yet again, the questions I have regarding this year's AOY process."

Me: I don't know about anyone else...but I'm not attacking you Mosca...I'm debating the validity of your questions and your statements.

CyberStretch: "Seems like illusions has it out for you, Mosca. ;0)"

Me: No, I'm entitled to state my opinion, point of view, and debate...just like Mosca, you, or anyone else. Mosca started the "campaign" and has been the most "vocal" about it...I disagree with his position, the validity of his statements, and the way he goes about doing it. It's as simple as that.

dialyn: "I honestly think the whole AOY thing was messed up. And, yes, I think it should be revised (or just eliminated as an idea). snip "...What I don't buy into is this whole conspiracy thing. There is no logic to that. I can't deal with X-Files explanations."

Me: I have to agree with you dialyn. The idea of AOY not being determined by the membership is not the best idea. Although Time Magazine makes it's own determination of who will be "Person of the Year" so it's not that appalling of a concept. As far as conspiracy theories go...I agree with you 100%

Mosca: "My opinion on this matter is not based on conjecture and belief--it's based on my years of experience here, practically since day one, observing management's behavior: what they've done versus what they've said."

Me: Bottom line, your "years of experience here" = conjecture and belief and theories, which are the only conclusions that can be drawn through observation of anyone or anythings behavior.

Mosca: "It would be a wonderful world indeed if we were all 100% morally perfect in every regard, yes. Which leads me to wonder what your motivation is here--just baiting me, I suppose, which is fine."

Me: My motivation is to state my opinion...I disagree with your tactics, statements, and issues...why shouldn't I be able to do that without being called a shill, an FOM, or any other name?

Mosca: "Apparently you're happy with management's actions re AOY, but you shouldn't be--if I'm right about what happened, then they could just as easily do the same thing to you."

Me: Well, I don't think the way AOY is being done is the best way, but then again, the fact that members can't be trusted not to clone isn't very settling either. Please don't tell me what I should or should not be happy with...until you can provide more than opinions based on your observations...I don't feel you're very competent to determine what should or should not make me happy. If you're right about what happened...and thats a A VERY BIG IF I'd be very surprised! Somehow I can't see Legume being the motivation behind all this compared to the difficulty in having a legitimate vote without cloning and other such nonsense.

Mosca: "Sometimes I just crack me up, y'know?"

Me: Yep...sometimes you crack some of us up too! :^P