Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Okay, enough Vicki- what about Judy and Don?!

EsnRedshirt opened this issue on Jan 04, 2003 ยท 45 posts

pdxjims posted Sat, 04 January 2003 at 4:55 PM

Sorry, Don and Judy just aren't V2, M2 or V3. Lower res, lots fewer morphs, bad design in many ways. Set Don's muscular controls and see how strange he can be. Rough edges, body parts that don't fit. Yes, with a lot of effort they can be made acceptable, even good. But why should I waste my time trying to get Don to look good, when I can use Mike or even V3 as a man and get a much better start to something that can look great (at least by someone with more talent than me)? And yes, the face room is fun, but the small design screens and lack of fine control make it very difficult for me to use. CL isn't going to allow us to resize the windows like in all the other rooms, so it looks like improvements there are at an end. I'd rather use my P5 time making new materials and hair. To me until the basic specifications and method of use of the face room is consistant with the interface in the other rooms, it's a toy added to increase sales, not anything for real work. I'd love to be able to use it, but my eyes and hand control can't go that fine with those hard to place little dots on that tiny little picture. I had real hopes for Don and Judy. I had hopes for the face room. I'm not really happy with them. However, the materials room and the setup room more than make up for it for me. I'll stick to the Millenium figures for now, and hope that someone does more high quality figures, but except for an exercise on how to get the most out of something not as good, Don and Vicky just take up space.