Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear tammymc 2

Mosca opened this issue on Jan 05, 2003 ยท 142 posts

atthisstage posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 8:49 PM

Spectre et al: it's simple. It's called accountability. Rsity started it one way, apparently didn't like the way it was going, and changed the rules on everyone, with apparently no accountability to anyone. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm getting really tired of people just trotting out the lame "well, sorry" excuse and hoping I accept it at face value. I don't accept it from anyone anymore, period. The admins screwed up, and you seem to prefer letting them get away with it, when this is the now-fourth-possibly-fifth time in a row. All of a sudden, information has to be dragged out of them kicking and screaming, when instead this thing should be made as transparent as possible. You say your newbie status doesn't give you the same respect as anyone else? Bull. It's a lot of us getting sick and tired of people anywhere -- not just Rsity's admin, but everywhere -- screwing up and walking away from the mess they've made. Yeah, Tammy profered up an apology. Big whoop. That's a starting point and nothing more. For all the questions that remained, she and the rest of the admins should have been doing a helluva lot more than just shutting down all communication about this fiasco. And sorry but "it's a free site and it's their site and they can do what they like" is likewise a bunch of BS. The moment that poll appeared on the front page -- error or not -- Rsity came under the same rules and laws as everyone else in this country, and those rules should be followed to the letter, not when it's convenient to them to do so. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal to you or a few others, but I'm getting real tired of people skipping out on responsibility. Now, if you'd like to address that particular point, feel free. But you better it damn persuasive.