Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear tammymc 2

Mosca opened this issue on Jan 05, 2003 ยท 142 posts

DTHUREGRIF posted Mon, 06 January 2003 at 11:25 PM

Gina, Can't speak for everyone here, but I don't think the big concern is that contest winners are "on the take". Any more than I think asking your friends to vote for you is "rigging" a contest. However, there have been more than enough questionable circumstances surrounding too many contests here not to raise big red flags. It may be as simple as incompetence, but it is a serious problem and needs to be addressed to make things fair for ALL the members. If people just keep quiet about it, it never will be. rosity's incompetence on this particular one took away the ability of all the AOM's to consider this a fair and untainted award. Any one of the AOM's deserved to win AOY. But because of the circumstances surrounding this award now, nobody will ever know if Toxic Angel won because he was considered the best artist of the lot or because he was considered by the administration to be the most politically correct. That's a shame. And I am not trying to take away from Toxic Angel's talent one bit here. He and all the rest are all very talented and choosing one is subjective at best. Too bad the whole thing is totally FUBAR.