Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear tammymc 2

Mosca opened this issue on Jan 05, 2003 ยท 142 posts

Ironbear posted Tue, 07 January 2003 at 12:33 AM

"so I figure I can add my two cents .. the logical 2 cents that is." Sure thing. When you scrape up two logical cents, toss em into the pot. ;] shrug I'm not a part of any "crew". While I have been a subgenius, hey - I voted for HobbyHopper. I like Doc, but I do as I please... and he tends to respect that. As far as part of the crowd.... Mosca and I don't particularly like each other, I don't think. He'll probably be the first to say that he considers me an arrogant prick sometimes. Wah. We don't have to be best buds for me to recognise when he is right on something and to say that I agree with him. He doesn't have to like me to agree with me on occassion, as he's done in the past. He's right on this one. Maybe not in all particulars, but in that the way it was handled screwed all of the artists involved, that he's correct on. I kind of like Cheryle, but she and I have dissagreed on things on occassion. Wah. No biggie. Like/dislike doesn't have a damned thing to do with it - we both tend to speak our minds wether it's liked or not. I agree with her views on this one also: It is our business, as members. If a trend of contests always being run for foul continues, then no contest on this site will ever be trustworthy. It may be too late for that as it is. And before anyone gets into an uproar and lumps me into the "but you're one of them, of course you agree!" category... I've backed the admins here before also when I though they were right on something too. And I've done it when it didn't make me real freaking popular, and when it put me toe to toe with Legume or Kammerer or other people. Tammy, Tim, ClintH, JeffH and a few others will remember those times also. ;] shrug again This isn't right, this isn't working. And it doesn't matter a flying rats ass that Legume got screwed - everyone in that contest got the shaft, even the winner(s). Legume possibly got shafted out of a win by the sudden change in rules in midstream - NOT a given, the voting was close, and Toxic probably would have won on merits. Toxic got his winning tarnished through NO fault of his own. Period. Through no fault of his own. And anyone winning would have had it tarnished by that, no matter who. Even if Legume had won, there'd be people in here now questioning if the admins fixed it FOR him, not again him. And as long as this continues, every contest is going to have some taint, no matter who wins it. It's been blown up in proportion, not out of it, whoever made that observation. "grow the fuck up, and go congratulate janne for his win, hes a great guy and i pray he doesnt see this thread because it would upset him quite a bit. " And ditto again on the shrug Gabriel. I like Toxic. Janne is a pretty nice guy, and one hell of an artist. He is one hell of a lot more talented than I am. Or than you are, for that matter. ;] But Janne's a big boy. If he runs across this thread, he runs across it. Wah. If it makes him feel bad, I'll feel bad. But we'll both get over it. I do not believe that he can get to that level of talent without having a pretty good sense of his own abilities. I doubt seriously that reading through this would crush his abilities or faith in them any more than it would mine or yours, Gabriel. You get that kind of talented by being at least a bit sure of yourself - don't cheapen Janne by implying he's too fragile to deal with this. ;] "- im getting sick of them." And we care what you're sick of because... ??? ;] "It's a shame, because I think if my name were bigger here, and I posted the same things, I wouldn't be treated with the same lack of respect." Nah Spectre. Blackhearted is a "big name", and it don't make him immune. Big name, little name, that's got nuffin to do with it. Sorry Gabe. Wanted to make a point to Spectre and used you to do it. Nuthin personal, old bean. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"