Forum: Community Center

Subject: Dear tammymc 2

Mosca opened this issue on Jan 05, 2003 ยท 142 posts

Ironbear posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 2:09 PM

"I would just as soon see the member vote discontinued and placed into the hands of a panel of judges." They had that at one point Illusions - The AOM Committee. And it seemed to be working pretty nicely. There's a statement in here [in one of these threads] from Tammy that "it was discontinued because it wasn't working", but no real clear explanation of why or how it wasn't working. Not that I saw, at least. Of course, you'll get objections on one count or another to an appointed panel of artists and members making the choices, but I think it's easy to see that there's nothing that can be suggested that won't have some objections. Still, it's practical and feasible. Only thing that might not make it feasible is if it were to turn out that there aren't enough members who really give a damn about AOM/AOY and other contests willing to serve on such a committee, in which case it might as well be adjudicated by the admins.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"