Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Propsguild Site will close, to keep contributor members work safe.

Virus opened this issue on Apr 27, 2000 ยท 52 posts

PJF posted Thu, 27 April 2000 at 5:02 PM

This is pathetic. As far as I'm able to ascertain from examining the site, the Propsguild's main purpose is to enable the open distribution of 'free (for non commercial use?)' items which its 'members' wish to make available for public consumption. If that function is to be removed every time someone is caught abusing the facility, it can hardly be described as serving its members interests. I hate to break it to you guys, but there a quite a few scumbags out there, most of whom you'll never find out about. It strikes me that a better response would be to write to 'members' individually, asking if they want their stuff removed, rather than this melodramatic public posturing. Given that most people are aware of the risks involved in making their stuff available on the net, I doubt that many 'members' would seek such a solution. If this part of the Poser online scene is built on such shakey foundations, then maybe it's best that it says 'adios' and makes way for a site made of stronger stuff. One thing we can all be sure of. El Scumbagos across in Spain couldn't give the remotest rat's ass if Propsguild shuts up shop...