Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "P4 question" How can a dress bend at the knees???

stelhar_1999 opened this issue on Jan 07, 2003 ยท 15 posts

Jim Burton posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 9:58 PM

ERC is the generic name for what was originally called JCM (Joint Controlled Morphs). JCM is a part of ERC, but you can do more than run morphs off joints, you can run other joints, mutiple joints in different directions if you like. You could (probably) even run joints off Full-Body-Morphs, only I haven't seen this yet. There is a real good tutorial at Nerd's and Rbtwhiz's sites (only I don't have an address), those two guys discovered and named the scheme, incidently. Anyway, a quick word on why long dres are a problem: There is no possable known way to make a skirt with hip, thighs and shins in mesh. Reasons get complicated, so just trust me on this part. Some other answers are: "Shins" run by magnents "Ghost" parts "Mermaid Style" (common things, common shins in mesh) Shins run by morphs (probably the worst answer, morphs are straight line, joints rotate) The "all ghost" solution, with various tricks. Hip mesh only, ghost shins, thighs, whatever. Requires an advanced degree in fudging things. ;-)