Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A time for change

kupa opened this issue on Jan 13, 2003 ยท 93 posts

emaleth posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 8:00 PM

Thanks for your post, Steve. As Fauve said, thinking of Poser without you on the team will be very strange indeed. I have Poser to thank in many ways and I feel my life has been changed for the better. I met Steve way back in the Meta days, shortly after Poser 3 was released, and we became great friends. A year and change later we were all laid off from our jobs at Meta, so Steve and I decided to take our relationship further. When it came time for Steve and Larry to set up CL, they asked me to join them and I gladly accepted. Eventually, Steve and I got married and recently celebrated our one-year anniversary. At some times it also felt that I was married to the company. That is just an example of how devoted Steve has been to Poser. He has lived and breathed Poser ever since I met him and he has inspired me to do so many things in life, the largest of which is to stay true to what you believe in. I was involved in the first round of layoffs just a year ago, and then was brought back on board part time. It is a very sad thing to have to say good-bye to all of this. It was truly amazing to be a part of such a wonderful team of dedicated and talented people and get the chance to work on such an amazing product. The folks at CL became my second family. We stuck together through good time and rough times. Along the way I also made some fantastic friends with artists in the community and hope that those connections will not be lost. I must say that that aspect was one of my favorite parts of my job at CL. I have a background in art so getting the opportunity to work with all of the Poser artists was definitely the highlight of every day. Many of you have touched my life in ways you will never know, and I thank you for that. Please continue to make such beautiful art. You have given Poser a soul that will live forever. In closing Id like to say so long, but not farewell. Sincerely, Karen Cooper