Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A time for change

kupa opened this issue on Jan 13, 2003 ยท 93 posts

DefaultGuy posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 1:14 AM

Hey Kupa,

I just want to publically thank you for your leadership, resilience, friendship, humor and support, and for letting me be a part of your whacky Poser world for the past seven years.

That long ago, I started working for the newly formed Metacreations after my stints at Apple Computers and Electronic Arts. I got the opportunity to work not only on a fantastic software called Poser 3, but with the people who made the product, y'know, the names on the box: Steve Cooper, Larry Weinberg, Seath Ahrens, Jianhua Shen, Walter Hunt, Joe Grover, Steve Rathmann, Steve Yatson and Karen Cooper. I was very pleased to find that this team was a down-to-earth, energetic, on-the-edge humorous and a bit off-center group of talent. The bonus for working on Poser was that this team would also become the people who I'd make lasting friendships, be a part of their lives, see families grow (...and eventually make them into Avatars ;)

In 1999, when Metacreations finally closed the doors, I thought I bade my last farewell to my Poser workmates and friends, and life would continue. But that was never the case because you and Larry formed Curious Labs Inc, you personally sought me out and offered me at chance to work on Poser again. For that, I am forever grateful. Thanks for letting me continue my working relations and my seven-year friendship with you and Karen, Larry, Shen, Joe, Rathmann as well as the rest of CL.

Those past two years of economic and financial shortcomings were a heavy on you and on the company. Again, I thank you for your leadership, resilience, friendship and support during those times.

The DefaultGuy, DefaultWife and DefaultKid wish you and Karen and your family all the best in life,

-Brian