Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Steve Cooper and Larry Wienburg Ousted!!Poser orphaned Again?????

wolf359 opened this issue on Jan 14, 2003 ยท 61 posts

williamsheil posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 12:11 PM

Hi CyberStretch It's probably moot now anyway, as I suspect that DAZ have already commited themselves to native and supported file formats. While importing third party file types is generally not a problem (at least for unencrypted formats) exporting can be a legal matter if it implies that some of the IP technologies or methods are actually actually being implemented in the application. However the main point I'm trying to make is that if DAZ wanted to keep their product line in Poser format files (for which there would be some justification in keeping as broad a customer base as possible) and yet add some 'DAZ' specific extensions for their own native functionality, this could be a legal problem (similar to those that Microsoft encounter). They could well look at marketing their products with both 'Poser legacy' and 'DAZ enhanced' functionality source files without worrying too much about cross compatibility issues if the latter was based on an extended format of the former. However, as I said, they have probably already made the decisions about file compatibilty. Bill