Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: More memory for poser or upgrade CPU?

Darboshanski opened this issue on Jan 14, 2003 ยท 23 posts

BeatYourSoul posted Wed, 15 January 2003 at 3:48 PM

I agree that an AGP video card with 32/64/128+MB memory will help the overall system, but it won't add a heck of a lot to Poser. Poser needs disk space, cpu power, and RAM. Concerning VM and Poser: ********************* From the FAQ: The Poser figure is invisible. Only an outline of the body is seen with the cursor on it The virtual memory is probably set very large. In the order of 4 gigs or more. Reduce the total minimum to 2 gigs or less. Restart the system. For users who have 2 gigs or more of RAM and virtual memory, a memory updater would have to be applied. For Poser 4.0.3 users, download the Poser 4.0.3 Memory Updater For Pro Pack users, download the Pro Pack Memory Updater ************************************* Using W2K Pro with 1GB DDR and 30+80GB drives. Set my VM to 8GB and this is exactly what I saw in P4PP. Set it to 4GB and, voila!, problem disappeared. This basically ends your use of Poser ad infinitum. No display, no render, no feedback at all. Can you live with that? You're very, very luck, then ... or using only Poser 5 which may not have that issue. ;)