Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ***Reworking the forum Backroom***

kbennett opened this issue on Jan 17, 2003 ยท 22 posts

leather-guy posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 4:32 AM

I've always thought a really effective way to take advantage of the knowledge that's shared here so freely would be to incorporate a cross-indexed database of links to forum threads that address particular questions. That would keep the labor of setup and maintenance to a minimum. Instead of someone taking the time to research the top 10, 20, or 100 most-asked questions and compose clear and simple universal responses. just pick out the top 1 or top 5 or 10 threads dealing with common or oft-asked question, and let members instruct members. I think a lot of really invaluable threads disappear all to quickly in the distance, and this would keep those discussions readily available. If you were to "freeze" somehow these threads or just remove the option to post when linked to via the index, it would prevent newbies from posting additional plaintive queries that no-one would see except the original posters. You could query members as to particular favorite threads to include, or perhaps have a nomination option in the backroom for ongoing input. I've developed the habit of Emailing what I feel are key or cornerstone threads of particular interest to myself and then sorting them into an organized folder/subfolder structure in my Email client for ready access. I can usally find 2 or 3 threads worth preserving every week or so. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. (Hope this is making sense - just got back from my birthday party & I'm very tired, and slightly tipsy - sorry) Seems like this would keep labor to a minimum, and member participation to a maximum. ....Just my 2 cents worth, oposing opinions expected and encouraged ;-))