Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 and commerical products

Hisminky opened this issue on Jan 19, 2003 ยท 39 posts

Mason posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 7:07 PM

Gosh I remember this with going from Posette to V1 and V2. But there's a big difference. Even though Vicky 2 is high res than posette the memory jump isn't as bad as Vicky 3. With v2 loaded with all body MTs, some clothes etc my figures range from 8 megs to like 16. With Vikcy 3 a full figure is around 120 megs. Remove the face shape MTs and it drops it like 59megs. Still, for the huge memory the bang for the buck just isn't there. I can't even imagine loading 4 v3 characters into a scene with a building and props. My machine has 1 gig of ram and a 40gig drive for its swap file and it still get slow mem messages just on having v2 and mike 2 figures. (about 8 in all). Really, what Daz needs to do is make or contract to make some sort of snap shot tool. Basically you take the full 120 meg v3, shape her the way you want then run her through the tool annd out pops a cr2 with just one Shaping body MT and all other MTs are deleted. The just inject the MTs you want for face expressions and body animations and you're set. The memory expense is my biggest gripe against the figure. Its just too huge and the images I've seen so far aren't that great compared to V2 stuff.