Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 and commerical products

Hisminky opened this issue on Jan 19, 2003 ยท 39 posts

Fashionably_Late posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 9:00 PM

I certainly understand where the gripes are coming from, but if you don't own V3 how can you already be complaining about her non-compatibility? I was hesitant to buy her as well, but as someone who's wanted to focus more on postwork and less on buying props and clothes I knew it would be worth the upgrade.

From what I've seen, V3 can almost always wear V2's clothes with very minor scale tweaking and the free joint converter (either FyreSpiryt's, and I think there's another one out there somewhere). No magnets, no hours of adjusting dials, I'm talking under 5 minutes at the very most. Here's an example of PhilC's most recent "Almost Freebie", made for V2, worn by V3. I'd say this took me about a minute and a half.
Message1053087.jpg
And for those of you who haven't been able to work with V3 firsthand, there's a particularly informative review that shows images comparing V2 and V3 at In Depth Arts. I have no affiliations with DAZ or anyone else, I'm simply a very happy V3 owner. She is by far the most versatile model I've ever worked with (and two models in one with her male morphing capabilities), and in the long run that saves you money, rather than costing you more.

I've spent more money than I'd like to admit on V2 products as well, but lately I've begun to realize something that I feel is often forgotten. If you're sending yourself to the poorhouse and not having fun working with Poser, then you're doing something wrong. The program was meant to help you create art, not headaches. There are some extraordinary artists out there who work with minimal "extras" and still produce beautiful creations with Poser (and Photoshop, of course). In fact, most of those considered "Masters of Poser" don't use fancy props and clothing models in their work. Take a look at Will Kramer, Cris Palomino, or Daniel Scott Gabriel Murray's work and you'll see what I mean. Its not necessary to open your wallet everytime you realize there's something missing from your library, I'm still coming to terms with that fact myself. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, I'm just learning to dog paddle. ;)

Molly