Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 and commerical products

Hisminky opened this issue on Jan 19, 2003 ยท 39 posts

Spit posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 11:51 PM

Hisminky, I agree and understand the frustration. I've purchased only one 3rd party clothing set for V3 and really don't plan anymore except for Daz stuff. Daz is putting V3 morphs into its clothing which makes it a much better value. May not be 'fair' but the other vendors are going to have to lower prices or come up with something special before I'll fork out the money. I guess we can let the 'market' work itself out. If things don't sell, prices may have to be lowered. Though I've found most vendors usually stop making products rather than daring to sell cheaper. A check back on this subject in three or four months will be interesting. But, the other thing that bothers me, personally, is that I don't want to use Vicky 3 as a high-res stand-in for V2. Can't explain it, but V3 is so magnificent she deserves better than that! But exactly what I want for her I haven't figured out yet. I wouldn't mind paying a modest amount, though, for updates to current clothing so it works with V3. Have the tailor and have had mixed results when doing it myself. But I'm not going to purchase the same things twice at full price! Vendors complain that it's a lot of work. Yes, it is, but each piece gets easier and easier with practice so I don't fully accept that! There's one popular vendor whose stuff I love who has a new package out for V2. Also has a version for BOTH V2 and V3. No version for just V3. I don't understand it. In order to get this outfit for V3 I have to buy it for V2 too?!?!?