Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 and commerical products

Hisminky opened this issue on Jan 19, 2003 ยท 39 posts

EricTorstenson posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 12:28 AM

To me, it's more than the geometry. There are textures that have been made (or purchased) for existing items, which might become useless as we move away from the old V2 figures. As for refitting the clothes to the new model, I have been doing some work, and found that some things go very nicely, and others (often ones you would expect to go easily) just don't work at all. Tailor hasn't been useful for me, but I might have been working on the wrong garments at the time.) Do the items that you modify simply using scaling and the joint converter pose as the original? In order to get anything to bend properly, I have had to manually rename body parts, change the hierarchy and finally do some additional tweaking of the joints myself (thanks Geep!) After that, I have had luck, but it is a fair amount of work. Most of the comments I have seen was that folks were going to create new items, rather than update their original items. Their reasoning is often that there is a lot of work involved to do it right, but that their skills have improved since then and starting fresh would allow them to create nicer items. While I understand this, it still is frustrating to know that they aren't considering their customers as much as I think they should. It is this attitude that has allowed me to be very careful about spending money on V3 products that are currently available (or not spending it). Finally, I too would like to see a figure based on the v3 head and the v2 body. I made a quick attempt this afternoon, but the necks are just too different. Not simply the matter of neck/upperneck business. Nope there are gaps at either the base of the head, or the top of the chest, depending on which neck is used, and will require geometry modification beyond my lowly skills (and probably different software) I wouldn't be surprised if DAZ were to offer something (not unlike their Vicky2P4 cr2s....only using the actual mesh from the other body.) This time, the UV is already done, so it might require less effort (financially feasible) eric