Forum: Community Center

Subject: Merchants Lockouts Part II.

Ironbear opened this issue on Jan 17, 2003 ยท 256 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Mon, 20 January 2003 at 2:18 PM

Damn, Clint, hate to pummel you like this, I know you got the shit end of the stick here when you "have to" defend the policies of the Choates... but... Clint Said: "Because we like to get input from the merchants from time to time on changes we are thinking about implementing." This would actually prove effective if our INPUT actually mattered, or Tim would actually LISTEN to the "input". I've been watching this stuff for a while now and I have seen Tim do the opposite of what the vendors suggest... so your theory, while nice... isn't really true. Clint said: "All MarketPlace changes are shared with ALL merchants via a Montlhy merchant newsletter once they have been implemented. So if a merchant doesnt have access to the forum he will still be notified of changes made." So it is okay for you to knownly shaft your fellow artists and merchants, segregate them and favor others, take money from those FOOLISH enough to stick around because you inform them of the changes once they've been made. Comeon people, can't you see what is happening here? By continuing to broker here, you are helping to support the segregration that is occuring here. By buying products in the online store, you are allowing other artists to get treated differently... you are helping to support this! Clint, you have always cared about this Community. You defended it and give so much of yourself to it. HOW can you support this kind of behavior? I know you are following the instructions of the owner of this place, but look at what it is doing to your fellow artists... to your friends. YOU of all people is the last one that I would expect to see enforcing stuff like this. You defended the rights of the artists even on the PFO, what has changed so much that you are compromising those principles now? People, either by purchasing in the online store here or carrying product in the online store here, you are supporting the actions that are hurting your fellow artists... your friends and you are helping to pave the way you yourselves will be treated someday. Jack