Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

BeatYourSoul posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 3:18 PM

Depends on how much "from scratch" you want to work from. For some people, creating poses is difficult, beyond them at this point, outside their budget, or too time-constrictive and it's good that there are resources for that. The same goes down the line. What I'd like to see you do is create your own figure from scratch as complex as V2 or V3 with all body parts, 3000 morphs, bones, fixed UV mapping, hires textures, clothes, lights, poses. Get back to me in about 20 years! ;) While were at it, why are you using a 3D graphics program that you didn't write yourself? What creativity is there in using the tools written by someone else? Wait! Shouldn't you be developing your own OS so that you can say that your 3D art has been truly built from scratch by yourself? Even further, you should develope your own form of electronics calculating system (computer). Is the point sinking in yet? :) There are limits to people's skills, finances, and time that are fulfilled by others (Thank the universe!). That's what "teaming up", "community", "commerce", and "free (or not so free) exchange of information and ideas" are about. Do you think every 3D CG movie uses everything from scratch? Most doubtedly. Although a lot is custom, including plugins and software, the process involves dozens, if not hundreds, of people and millions of dollars. Finally, photographers do not (on the whole) create the scene that they are photographing and many artists use photographs as reference or directly. Do models count when painting? Maybe we should only paint human figures from our memories instead. Now, that was just a skirmish. BeatYourSoul