Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

elgyfu posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 3:20 PM

I do not consider myself an artist. I have had no artistic training and by qualifications are all science. history or music based. For me Poser has opened a whole world. For so many years I have had ideas and images in my head but lacked the technical/artistic know-how to get them out - if ya know what I mean! With Poser I can realise my visions. I can never explain how this feels but it feels bloody good! I must admit that I want to create images that are as personalised as possible. It is easy to take stock figures, poses, textures etc and get an instant creation. I am slowly expanding my skills. I have tweaked textures and am now making my own. I have started learning about modelling and animation and even the wonders of focal lengths and such. In time, as I apply more of these skills to my creations then perhaps I will consider myself an artist not an 'artistic assembler'. Poser is many things to many people. This is what it is to me. I enjoy it and that, I believe, is what counts :)