Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

BillyM67 posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 3:31 PM

Zorares, that is a ridiculous comparision. So you are saying that if I create a totally original piece of art, in say Maya, with only my own textures and models and no outside help whatsoever, I still have to give credit to Alias Wavefront (creators of Maya), Microsoft (creators of Windows XP), Wacom (creators of my graphics tablet) and whoever actually put my PC together? That sounds silly. I could see your point if the texture on the poser figures are being altered, the background models re-textured and manipulated and the paid for poses manipulated, but this is not the case. Therefore, no comparision can be made. Crescent, I understand the point that you making, and I do view directors as artists, but they are always part of a group. They, by the nature of there work, are hired to bring someone elses story to life. To do this they rely on actors to bring this vision alive, which they capture on film. But they do not take 15 other films and splice them together and then call it "E.T." or "Jaws". I appreciate everyone's replies, and I respect your views. I understand that some are not interested in "stretching there boundaries" or in "growing as an artist". That they have a vision, and like fast food, they want now, without being bothered by the details (no disrespect intended). I would just think that the very need for creation that drove them that far would, sooner or later, drive them to want more creative control. So they wouldn't have to say to someone, "I create this. Well, everything but the person, clothes, hair, background, light and pose." In the end, did they really create anything at all? Perhaps, perhaps not. To each his own. Take care, one and all....