Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

zorares posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 3:48 PM

No, you missed my point. I sure wouldn't expect every artist to give credit to the various companies that manufacture their tools. All I was saying is that THESE are the tools of our trade, hobby, whatever. I personally know a fantastic oil painter who simply will not paint anything but his own homemade oils. Are his paitings any better than someone else? When I started with Poser Beta (yes, I was a beta tester), I was looking to use Poser as a tool for modeling to be used in my oil paintings. Poser Beta and Poser v.1 were jokes! Now Poser has bypassed being a simple tool to become it's own medium. My "artistic" work with Poser many years ago was just a passing fancy. Now, thanks greatly to Renderosity, I have not only learned how to use Poser for art, commercial work, etc., but I've expanded into texture development, and simple obj development. While I doubt that I'll ever create a Vicky type character, I do have a goal to make conforming clothes! Why? I can buy all the clothes I want, but because I want to better understand how this works. All in all, (rambling almost over : ) ) the Renderosity galleries are full of Crap! Occassionally I'll find a pearl of something I see as truly artistic (my opinion of what art is of course). How it was created is irrelevant! If you check out my galleries, you may say WOW, you may also say, what a waste of time! Personally, I feel that Andy Warhol was a joke! But some people love his stuff!

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg