Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

Hisminky posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 4:55 PM

You can pretty much draw a line through the middle of the 3D elitists based on age. The younger the "artist" the more inclined to be prejudiced. It's like the High School Syndrome "Mine is better than yours, so there". (Of course, my high school syndrome analogy is a much diluted one of the hypothesis that all children are pack animals, but I digress). The ONE thing that they all miss is the whole POINT. Art is an expression of self in a given medium. A voice that communicates an idea from one person to another. Not everyone will "hear" the message, because the message was not intended for them. Others will be profoundly touched by it. The ones that loudly proclaim its not art because of "this" are merely deaf to your voice(either by design or deliberation). I can also guarentee that anyone who espouses elitism on so basic a premise as "tools" has not studied art. And let me clarify that taking an "art" class does not mean they have studied art. A large portion of the people who have taken an art class seem to believe this gives them a licence to judge art, which merely proves MY point. If you must judge an image/illustration/painting/print and use the excuse of TOOLS to discount it, then surely you are deliberately deafening your ears to the message. My two pennies.