Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

iggy23 posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 5:46 PM

if it was that easy to make original (boned) life-like figures, conforming clothes, streaming hair, photo-ish textures etc we would all just buy a copy of Lightwave and churn out masterpieces. unfortunately, we aren't all blessed with degrees in higher maths and a degree in painting. but we can buy a copy of Poser, some clothes and textures, and produce a piece of art we feel proud of and are delighted with. ok, so its the same viccy as everyone else uses. the same clothes. the same hair and the same bloody temple. but its MY picture. I made it, and i'm chuffed to bits with it. and all the time i'm learning. starting with textures. going on to simple modelling. eventually i will grow out of Poser as a stand-alone product, get Lightwave and just use poser for... well, posing. then i'll make my own hair. my own clothes. eventually, my own humans. who knows, you may see it in a movie or a game one day. but i would still be sat here terrified of the thought if i hadn't started with Poser. and even if that never happens, i'm having fun making pictures.i don't do drugs, i spend my spare cash on 3d stuff. i have a portfolio here, with 50+ A4 pictures in it. when i show it to friends, they don't sit there saying... "oh, thats Mike with the morphing flatop... ooo, one of viccy with those free dreadlocks from renderosity"... they say "bloody hell! thats a nice picture". and thats good enough for me :)